Manjit

My photo
Zaikabharat brings you the authentic taste of India with mouthwatering, simple, and easy recipes. Cooking relieves stress for me, provides with an opportunity to be creative, boost my mood, and brings back wonderful memories of my mom's kitchen. I have been a culinary part-time instructor for several years in addition to my professional careers as a cancer research scientist, an educator, a healthcare administrator, and a community leader. I have done several cooking demos, TV shows, and I still continue to do so. I would like to share my cooking adventure through this blog and hope you enjoy these recipes.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Masala Fish Curry


Ingredients:
1 pound fish (any fish) cut into pieces
3 tablespoons oil
2 medium size onions, sliced
1 inch ginger, sliced
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
1 tomato diced
1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 cup whisked yogurt
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves, chopped (for garnishing)

Preparation:
Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and sauté for few minutes until they become translucent.
Add ginger and garlic. Continue stirring until they turn light brown.
Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Add turmeric powder, black pepper powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, and salt. Continue to stir until all masala’s are mixed well.
Add yogurt and stir well. Add required quantity of water and bring it to boil.
Add pieces of fish and mix gently.
Cover it with the lid and cook on medium heat.
Fish will not take long time to cook. Garnish it with coriander leaves.




No comments: