Manjit

My photo
Zaikabharat brings you the authentic taste of India with mouthwatering, simple, and easy recipes. Cooking relieves stress for me, provides with an opportunity to be creative, boost my mood, and brings back wonderful memories of my mom's kitchen. I have been a culinary part-time instructor for several years in addition to my professional careers as a cancer research scientist, an educator, a healthcare administrator, and a community leader. I have done several cooking demos, TV shows, and I still continue to do so. I would like to share my cooking adventure through this blog and hope you enjoy these recipes.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Spinach Quiche



Ingredients:
1/2 package 5-8 ounces spinach, roughly chopped
1 medium size onion, finely chopped
1 medium size tomato, finely chopped
4 eggs beaten
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 teaspoon garlic paste
2 cups cheddar or feta cheese shredded/grated
6-8 ounce cottage cheese
1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
Note:Salt is usually not required as cheese is salty

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie or quiche pan with butter or oil.

Heat butter in a pan, add onions, and garlic.
Cook over medium heat with continuous stirring until onions are soft and becomes translucent.
Add spinach, tomatoes and black pepper powder. Stir for 3-4 minutes until spinach is lightly cooked. Drain off extra liquid.
Let the mixture of spinach cool. Add eggs, heavy cream, cottage cheese and cheddar or feta cheese.
Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve as such or serve it with any sauce of your interest.

No comments: