Manjit

My photo
Zaikabharat brings you the authentic taste of India with mouthwatering, simple, and easy recipes. Cooking relieves stress for me, provides with an opportunity to be creative, boost my mood, and brings back wonderful memories of my mom's kitchen. I have been a culinary part-time instructor for several years in addition to my professional careers as a cancer research scientist, an educator, a healthcare administrator, and a community leader. I have done several cooking demos, TV shows, and I still continue to do so. I would like to share my cooking adventure through this blog and hope you enjoy these recipes.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Bhindi Sabji


Ingredients:
1 pound bhindi (lady fingers)
3 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
4 green chillies, chopped
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon amchur (mango powder)
Salt to taste

Preparation:
Nicely wash, dry and remove both the ends of bhindi. Cut into small pieces equally.
Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds.
When cumin seeds turn brown, add onions and sauté till they become translucent.
Add cut bhindi and green chillies and sauté for a minute.
Sprinkle turmeric powder, coriander powder, amchur powder, and salt.
Mix well and cook over the medium heat with constant stirring in between.
When cooked increase the heat and cook for about 2-3 minutes until oil starts separating.
Serve hot with roti.

No comments: