Manjit

My photo
Zaikabharat brings you the authentic taste of India with mouthwatering, simple, and easy recipes. Cooking relieves stress for me, provides with an opportunity to be creative, boost my mood, and brings back wonderful memories of my mom's kitchen. I have been a culinary part-time instructor for several years in addition to my professional careers as a cancer research scientist, an educator, a healthcare administrator, and a community leader. I have done several cooking demos, TV shows, and I still continue to do so. I would like to share my cooking adventure through this blog and hope you enjoy these recipes.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chicken Keema (Ground Chicken)


Ingredients:
1 pound ground chicken
3 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon ginger (chopped)
1 onion chopped
2 tomatoes diced or 2 tsp puree/paste
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon cilantro powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
1 teaspoon garam masala (roasted can also be used)
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon mango powder
Salt to taste

For Garnishing
1 tablespoon cilantro chopped and wedges of hard boiled eggs/lemons/tomatoes/ can be used.

Preparation:
Heat oil in a pan.
Add cumin seeds, chopped onions, cook until translucent or becomes soft. Now add ginger- garlic paste and until they are brown in color.
Add ¼ cup of water and cook again till the onions, ginger-garlic blends together.
Add diced tomatoes/puree and add water if necessary.
Add cilantro powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, amchur (mango) powder.
Add salt to taste.
Add ground chicken and simmer for 8-10 minutes on a medium flame until cooked.
Serve hot with garnishing as desired.

No comments: