Manjit

My photo
Zaikabharat brings you the authentic taste of India with mouthwatering, simple, and easy recipes. Cooking relieves stress for me, provides with an opportunity to be creative, boost my mood, and brings back wonderful memories of my mom's kitchen. I have been a culinary part-time instructor for several years in addition to my professional careers as a cancer research scientist, an educator, a healthcare administrator, and a community leader. I have done several cooking demos, TV shows, and I still continue to do so. I would like to share my cooking adventure through this blog and hope you enjoy these recipes.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chicken Kabobs


Ingredients:
1 pound ground chicken
1 medium size onion chopped
2 green chilies finely cut
1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon almond paste
1 tablespoon yogurt or sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon amchur (mango powder, optional)
1/2 teaspoon garam masala (roasted can also be used for better taste and flavor)
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (roasted can be used for better taste and flavor)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder (depends how spicy you want!!)
1 teaspoon cilantro (coriander) powder
1/2 bunch finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper coarsely ground
1/4 teaspoon mint powder
Salt to taste

Preparation:
Mix all the spices together as above and add to the ground chicken
Mix well, cover, and leave in fridge for 3-4 hrs or keep at room temperature for 30 minutes to marinate.
Form into long kababs (like sausages). These kababs can be kept frozen as well.
Shallow fry on a griddle by using oil or ghee.
Serve with sliced onion, tomato, mint chutney and lemon or simply garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
Note: sliced onions/spring onions, tomatoes can be seasoned with little oil and can be used for garnishing.
Rolls can also be made by using naan or pita bread.