Manjit

My photo
Zaikabharat brings you the authentic taste of India with mouthwatering, simple, and easy recipes. Cooking relieves stress for me, provides with an opportunity to be creative, boost my mood, and brings back wonderful memories of my mom's kitchen. I have been a culinary part-time instructor for several years in addition to my professional careers as a cancer research scientist, an educator, a healthcare administrator, and a community leader. I have done several cooking demos, TV shows, and I still continue to do so. I would like to share my cooking adventure through this blog and hope you enjoy these recipes.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Naashpati Halwa (Pear Pudding)


Pear pudding is a delicious dessert recipe.Use soft and ripe pears.

Ingredients:

4-5 medium size pears, peeled and cut into pieces
2 tablespoons butter or ghee
3 tablespoons milk powder or khoya
1 tablespoon sugar
1/3 cup condensed milk
2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons of coconut powder
1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder
2 drops of rose essence
Few slivered almonds for garnish

Preparation:
Heat butter or ghee in a nonstick pan.
Add peeled chopped pears in to the heated pan.
On a medium flame cook pears until a nice paste is formed.
Add all other ingredients such as sugar, milk powder or khoya, condensed milk, coconut powder, ricotta cheese.
Keep stirring on a high to medium flame until the mixture is reduced to half with no traces of liquid.
Bring the flame to low heat.
Continue to stir until the butter starts separating and mixture becomes dry.
Add cardamom powder and rose essence.
Mix well.
Garnish with almonds or any other dry fruits of your choice and a pinch of cardamom powder.
Serve hot or cold. I like both. If serving cold, try with hot Gulab Jamuns’s. It is really yum any time and at any occasion.

Note: The mixture can leave a lot of water that may require long time to dry. Another tablespoon/s of milk powder can be added to thicken the mixture and bring it to required consistency of halwa.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maam it was very helpful really.. i have made it yesterday evening it was just perfect. My family loved it.. thankyou for sharing maam