Manjit

My photo
Zaikabharat brings you the authentic taste of India with mouthwatering, simple, and easy recipes. Cooking relieves stress for me, provides with an opportunity to be creative, boost my mood, and brings back wonderful memories of my mom's kitchen. I have been a culinary part-time instructor for several years in addition to my professional careers as a cancer research scientist, an educator, a healthcare administrator, and a community leader. I have done several cooking demos, TV shows, and I still continue to do so. I would like to share my cooking adventure through this blog and hope you enjoy these recipes.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Rabri

Ingredients:
4 cups milk
2 tablepoons instant dry milk (milk powder)
8-10 ounce sweetened condensed milk
2-3 drops rosewater
1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder
Few strands of saffron
Few sliced almonds

Note: Sugar free recipe:  
Use 4 drops of splenda plus 6 tablets of saccharin mix well in half cup milk instead of condensed milk and follow the same recipe. Add 2 extra tablespoons of dry milk to get the consistency of sugar free recipe.

Preparation:
Take a non-stick deep bottom pan placed on a medium flame.
Add milk, condensed milk and milk powder in a pan.
Mix well and bring the milk to the boil.
Turn the flame to low heat with constant stirring until the milk thickens at the edge of the pan.
Turn the burner off.
Add rosewater, cardamom powder and mix well.
Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with few strands of saffron and almonds.
Cool at room temperature and keep the bowl inside the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
Serve chill with gulab jamuns or just enjoy as such.

***Rabri is given a shape of heart surrounding with blueberries for Valentine's special.

No comments: